Enjoy the Lockdown

This may sound very strange.  But I'm enjoying this lockdown.  My husband, who's never home, is home from work (though, as a dentist, he's still called in for emergencies -- in QUEENS!), and our son is home from college, where he had a roommate who allegedly did  illegal things and then brought a dog into the room, because he had "anxiety" (stop dealing!).

But I'm enjoying the shutdown from chores and running to help out at my church's homework club (though I miss the kids) and trying to make reservations for Family Weekend at Stony Brook before they all sell out, and all the other trivial but necessary things that make up my day. Oh, and I'm practicing gratefulness, too.

I've been writing a lot more, and running, increasing my miles.  It's one of the few things that makes me feel really good in this time where restaurants and department stores and churches are closed, and we have to think all the time if we're at risk for getting this disease that kills lots and lots and lots of  people.

It's also a time I'm glued to CNN (probably not wise) though I turn it off for the president's meandering, pointless, information-less (or disinformation) "press conferences."  Why don't cable and TV stations cut him off?  He's getting mountains of time to campaign.  That's how he got elected last time.  And he has nothing to say, except to repeat and repeat himself, and make us all wonder if he's finally tipped off the deep end to senility?  (Some experts say he has).  And where's Joe Biden?

In any event, I'm trying to take it a day at time and enjoy the spring that has sprung up all around me, the white-pink cherry trees, the blast of forsythia, the greening of the grass, the calls of the birds.  That's what it's about, after all.   Life, and the ability to enjoy it, as it is..




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Practice Before You Speak: Your Memory Deficit May Make You Miss Your Boss' Signal to Stop

Grieving? Go Shopping, But Not for the Products, for the Actual, Physical Store

Does Your Company's Bottom Line Strategy Hurt Your Performance?